By its very nature, massage/bodywork requires skin-to-skin contact, and sanitation has always been a top priority in my practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to Covid-19, please help me to support all of us by cooperating with some new requirements.
My practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In my goal is to help protect my clients, myself, and our community:
- I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- I will greet you at the door to ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we last communicated. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage/bodywork is not advised if you have any symptoms of acute illness.
Below are the steps I take in order to provide a safe environment for us all:
What I do:
- My business is open to all well clients who practice responsible habits to minimize their Covid-19 exposure risk.
- I use fresh sheets/towels/pillowcases for each client, laundered in hot soapy water.
- I thoroughly wash my hands/arms before and after every treatment, with hot water & soap, for at least one minute, and sanitize my hands during treatment sessions, when necessary.
- I will always be wearing a clean face mask during your appointment
My upgraded sanitation practices:
- Wiping down surfaces: chairs, tables, pens, door knobs, oil bottles, and implements with disinfectant between each appointment.
- Airing out the room by opening the window, and using a powerful air purifier before, during, and after appointments.
What you can do:
- Wash your hands before you get here, and again when you first arrive. (We are sterilizing bathroom faucets, door knobs, & handles frequently throughout the day.
- Cancel your appointment if you think you’re coming down with anything, or if you still feel sick.
- Wear a clean face mask
Extra precautions we will take together:
- Many of you receive treatments with your clothing on. Please wear, or bring, clean clothing. I will be wearing clean clothing for your session.
- Keep our masks on at all times.
I look forward to meeting you (or seeing you again) and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I’m taking to keep us all safe in my practice.
Thank you for trusting me with your health. I look forward to welcoming you to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
In health & wholeness, always -